Our Commercial Relocation specialists are committed to:
- Completing the move within your time frame
- Minimizing your downtime to limit the disruption to employees and customers
- Completing the move within a certain budget
Or anything else that will keep your business running smoothly. Silverback Moving of Birmingham, Michigan and Silverback Moving of Chicago, IL are committed to serving you!
Questions to ask a commercial moving company
When searching for a professional commercial relocation company, you must ask the following questions.
- Is your moving company licensed?
- Does your company charge by the piece or by the hour?
- Do you have a minimum charge? How do you charge after the minimum is met – in 15-minute increments or every half hour?
- Do you have any extra charges for larger items or extra flights of stairs?
- Do you charge for the travel time from your office to my business?
- Do you charge extra for moves in the evenings or on the weekends?
- What payment options do you offer? (Many moving companies require a deposit.)
- Do you have full-time employees or do you use temps and day labor? (Be cautious of companies that use temps or day labor because they may not be properly insured.)
- Do you carry worker’s compensation for your employees?
- What kind of training have your movers and drivers completed?
- Are items insured during the move? (Even if a mover is bonded and insured, it doesn’t mean that your items are covered during the move. Some states require a company put a valuation of 60¢ per pound of coverage.)
- What kind of cancellation policy do you offer? (You should always be able to cancel or postpone until a few days before your move.)
- Do you offer free moving quotes? (We recommend getting an estimate for all business moves.)
- Do you have a contact number for the day of the move should any challenges arise?
After scheduling with our Commercial Relocation Specialists either at your office or ours in Birmingham, Michigan:
- Conduct a pre-move conference with managers at your firm
- Let all employees know their roles and responsibilities for the move
- Limit employee participation on move day